The PEI Bag Company, a food packaging manufacturing company in Central Bedeque, PEI is seeking a Plant Cleaner
. This individual will be responsible for general cleaning of the building and keeping it in good condition. Perform various cleaning tasks to maintain cleanliness for the manufacturing floor, and sanitizing lunchroom (microwaves, fridges, coffee station, table and chairs), conference room, and bathrooms inside the plant.
Quality Assurance Technician
- Ensure that the plant and/or equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition;
- Follow the cleaning procedures as prescribed and use the SDS data sheets to ensure personal safety;
- Use cleaning materials and equipment to clean machinery and production areas;
- Correct use of PPE and cleaning products/chemicals;
- Identify potential safety hazards and notify employees of those hazards using warning signs such as wet floor signs etc.;
- Waste removal;
- Order and receive cleaning supplies and equipment (washroom hand towels, toilet paper and general cleaning supplies) along with maintaining all appropriate stock levels;
- Respond to urgent situations, such as spills, that require quick action;
- Clean and disinfect toilets and replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels daily;
- Mix liquids and solvents from basic materials to create effective cleaning supplies;
- Operate equipment such as floor cleaners;
- Collect and dispose of trash;
- Shovel snow and maintain entrances and walkways;
- Maintain clear communication;
- Report problems and/or issues to the Quality Assurance Technician;
- Strive for continuous improvement within the work area
We provide a safe, heated indoor workplace and great work hours. This position requires an ability to lift up to 50lbs, bend, crouch, stand for extended periods, and wear personal protective equipment as required.
Normal work hours are from 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. PEI Bag Company is also interested in applicants who are able to work either 4:00pm-12:00am or 12:00am-8:00am.
Salary and Benefits:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with attention to detail
- Follows safety procedures and demonstrates safe work behaviours
- Key personal attributes required: ability to listen to others, self-motivated, team oriented, and high level of integrity
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Hourly rate is $14.50 - $15.50 based on skills and prior work experience. PEI Bag Company Ltd has a complete benefits package with medical, dental, defined contribution pension plan and employee assistance program.
PEI Bag Co manufacturing plant is located in central PEI, 15 minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30 minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley. For more information about PEI Bag Co visit us here.
How to Apply
Please apply online only.
Application deadline is Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 4:30pm.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.