The PEI Bag Company, a food packaging manufacturing company in Central Bedeque, PEI is seeking a Customer Service / Logistics Manager
. The primary responsibility of the Customer Service / Logistics Manager is to oversee the movement and distribution of incoming and outgoing materials to ensure customers receive products on time. Overseeing a small group of employees, this individual oversees inventory control, material handling, customer service, and transportation.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency;
- Manage transportation logistics including scheduling and efficient loading with the correct products;
- Utilize the SYSPRO accounting software to ensure accurate data entry, invoice creation, shipping documents, etc.;
- Manage transportation maintenance to ensure trucks are serviced and maintained properly;
- Plan, document, and implement new methods to improve inventory accuracy and control;
- Optimize warehouse layout and workflow with a focus on continuously improving the process;
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints;
- Hire, supervise, coach and train a small group of employees (3-5);
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets;
- Ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations and workplace policies;
- Liaise with the sales, production department to ensure effective operation of the warehouse, shipping, receiving areas;
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude and professional communication with others;
- Maintain an action-oriented and solution focused approach to resolving problems;
- Commitment to supporting our company vision to "Build Success with Our Customers" and whose beliefs and values complement our culture of integrity, honesty, and commitment.
We provide a safe, heated indoor workplace and great work hours. Use of personal protective equipment as required.
Normal work hours are Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The occasional Saturday may be required to meet operational needs.
You may be on a rotating schedule with an on-call cell phone one weekend per month.
Salary and Benefits:
- 2 to 3 years logistics and customer service experience considered a significant asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid PEI Driver’s License
- Experience working in a shipping/receiving environment
- Supervisory experience considered a strong asset
- Computer skills (MS Office, SYSPRO)
- Forklift certification/experience is considered a strong asset, including operating a roll grab
- Follows safety procedures and demonstrates safe work behaviours
- Key personal attributes required: ability to listen to others, self-motivated, team oriented, and high level of integrity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Salary range is between 50k-60k per annum based on skills and prior work experience. PEI Bag Company Ltd has a complete benefits package with medical, dental, defined contribution pension plan and employee assistance program.
PEI Bag Co manufacturing plant is located in central PEI, 15 minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30 minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley. For more information about PEI Bag Co visit us here.
How to Apply
Please apply online only.
Application deadline is Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 4:30pm.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.