The PEI Bag Company, a food packaging manufacturing company in Central Bedeque, PEI is seeking a Shipper/Receiver. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for tasks related to packaging the finished product for shipping and operate a forklift to load/unload products.
In a recent employee survey 95% of our employees indicated they enjoyed their work!
- Promptly load/unload trucks.
- Package finished product for shipment. Operate strapping and stretch wrap machines.
- Complete all paperwork (legible, neat, complete) to ensure for tracking and communication.
- Perform monthly inventory counts.
- Manage the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Pick and place pallets to proper locations in the warehouse.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized warehouse.
- Work with the customer service team to ensure customer orders are packaged and shipped correctly the first time.
- Work with the production team to ensure the supply of raw materials.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, following all health and safety and IFS PACsecure operating procedures.
- Ensures that equipment is inspected and maintained, and operated according to manufacturer's guidelines and PEI Bag Company policy.
We provide a safe, heated indoor workplace, clothing allowance, and great work hours. This position requires an ability to lift up to 50lbs, bend, crouch, and stand for extended periods.
Hours are typically 7:30a.m. – 4:00p.m. Monday through Friday with flexibility required as customer demands require.
Salary and Benefits
The Shipper/Receiver salary starts at $15.00/hr. After a probationary period is successfully completed a rate of $16.00/hr is provided. Progression up to $17.00 based on performance. Salary increases yearly, while not guaranteed, are typically based on consumer price increases for our region.
PEI Bag Co Ltd has a completed benefits package with medical, dental, pension and employee assistance programs.
Pension – defined contribution pension plan with matching funds based on years of service.
Medical and Dental plans with waiting periods.
Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification/experience is considered a strong asset, including operating a roll grab.
- Plant training is provided as it relates to this position.
- Follows safety procedures and demonstrates safe work behaviours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-past environment
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
PEI Bag Co manufacturing plant is located in central PEI, 15 minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30 minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley. For more information about PEI Bag Co visit us here.
How to Apply.
Please apply online only.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.