PEI Bag Company
Quality Control Labourer
Central Bedeque, Prince Edward Island
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Working within a small collaborative team, the Quality Control Labourer
role is critical to ensuring our products meet our highest quality standards and customers’ expectations. This position is responsible for visually verifying the finished product at the end of the production process.
Who You’ll Be Working With
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it’s the key ingredient that makes our company stronger. The people who stay with us have these key traits: integrity, great work ethic, and they value the sense of community we’ve built at the PEI Bag Company since 1935.
In a recent employee survey, 95% of our employees indicated they enjoyed their work!
What You’ll Do
The physical environment requires the employee to move in a fast-paced indoor manufacturing environment. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment for safety precaution. Must be able to pay attention to detail. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Stand for extended periods of time and bend, crouch, or kneel as may be required to repair equipment.
What We Offer
- Conduct all finished product inspections required for each production pallet and complete the required paperwork
- Follow the specific requirements of the Plant Safety and Quality Program
- Report all quality issues to either the Lead Operator, Production Manager or the Quality Assurance Technician
- Machine area cleaning
- Assist Machine Operator as required
- Better starting pay at $16/hour and $16.50 after probation (and higher pay for overtime hours)
- Safe indoor workplace, clothing allowance, and great work hours
- More stable job through an economic downturn
- Benefits package with medical, dental, defined contribution pension plan, and employee assistance programs (eligibility requirements apply)
- Job-specific training is provided
- More opportunity for growth as new skills are learned
No weekend shifts! No overnight shifts!
We have two production shifts from Monday through Friday:
- 6:00am- 2:00pm
Overtime may be offered, or required, to meet operational demands. A shift premium of $3.00 per hour above the base rate of pay for full-time permanent night shift employees.
What We’re Looking For
Where You Can Find Us
- Good communication and listening skills
- Self-motivated with the willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift product ranging in weight of over ten pounds
- Able to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be fully vaccinated with a Canadian government approved vaccine against COVID-19
The PEI Bag Company manufacturing plant is located in Central Bedeque (PEI). We are 15-minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30-minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley.
For more information about PEI Bag Company visit us here
How to Apply and Next Steps
Please apply online only
You will receive an email notification that your CV or resume has been received.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.