The PEI Bag Company, a food packaging manufacturing company in Central Bedeque, PEI is seeking a Quality Control Labourer (QCL). Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, the primary responsibility for the Quality Control Labourer is to visually verify the finished product. Working within a team of three employees, this role is critical to ensure we meet our customer expectation for quality products. In a recent employee survey 95% of our employees indicated they enjoyed their work!
- Conduct all finished product inspections required for each production pallet and complete the required paperwork.
- Follow the specific requirements of the Plant Safety and Quality Program.
- Machine and operator area cleaning.
- Follow the hand washing, sanitizing, and clothing requirements of the Employee Hygiene Procedure.
- Assist Machine Operator as required.
- Report all quality issues to either the Lead Operator, Production Manager or the quality assurance technician.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We provide a safe, heated indoor workplace, clothing allowance, and great work hours.
We operate two production shifts from Monday through Friday (6:00a.m.- 2:00p.m. and from 2:00p.m .-10:00p.m.) Overtime may be required to meet operational demands.
Salary and Benefits
QCL employees start at $28,080 per year based on 40 hours per week. After a 3-month probationary period is successfully completed the annual salary will be $29,640 per year. QCL employees then progress based on performance. Salary increases yearly, while not guaranteed, are typically based on consumer price increases for our region.
PEI Bag Co Ltd has a complete benefits package with medical, dental, pension and employee assistance programs.
Pension – defined contribution pension plan with matching funds based on years of service.
Eligibility for Medical and Dental plans with waiting periods.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Plant training is completed for the specific tasks required.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Self-motivated with the willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-past environment
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve.
- Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction
PEI Bag Co manufacturing plant is located in central PEI, 15 minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30 minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley. For more information about PEI Bag Co visit us here.
How to Apply.
Please apply online only.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.