The PEI Bag Company, a food packaging manufacturing company in Central Bedeque, PEI is seeking an Equipment Operator. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the primary responsibility of the Equipment Operator is to work with a team of 3 or 4 employees to produce high-quality product paper bags in an efficient manner. In a recent employee survey 95% of our employees indicated they enjoyed their work!
- Setup and operate machines, including a Weber machine.
- Manage equipment adjustments to ensure quality and productivity.
- Follow the specific requirements of the Plant Safety and Quality Program.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Read and interpret technical information.
- Follow the Emergency and Bio-Security Procedure requirements.
- Conduct finished product inspections and required paperwork.
We provide a safe, heated indoor workplace, clothing allowance, and great work hours. This position requires an ability to lift up to 50lbs, bend, crouch, and stand for extended periods.
We operate two production shifts from Monday through Friday (6:00a.m.- 2:00p.m. and from 2:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.). Overtime may be required to meet operational demands.
Salary and Benefits
Equipment Operators start at a salary of $16.00/hr. After a probationary period is successfully completed a rate of $17.00/hr is provided. Equipment Operators then progress based on performance. Salary increases yearly, while not guaranteed, are typically based on consumer price increases for our region.
PEI Bag Co Ltd has a complete benefits package with medical, dental, pension and employee assistance programs.
Pension – defined contribution pension plan with matching funds based on years of service.
Medical and Dental plans with waiting periods.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Integrity and work ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Self-motivated with the willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-past environment
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve.
- Ability to manage workload with limited supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
PEI Bag Co manufacturing plant is located in central PEI, 15 minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside, and 30 minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley. For more information about PEI Bag Co visit us here.
How to Apply:
Please apply online only.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.